Mission: The Shelburne United Methodist Church Health & Spirituality Committee will empower the church community to achieve optimal physical, spiritual, emotional and mental wellness through prevention, education and supportive activities.
- Determine the health and spiritual needs of the Shelburne UMC Community
- Provide education about health and spirituality.
- Create and develop activities to carry out our mission.
- Provide healthy snack option at coffee hour.
- Lively stepper walking program, encouraging exercise among our members.
- Recommended daily Bible readings. In 2016 we did a Psalm a day, Proverbs and the Gospel of Matthew.
- Provide adult Sunday school options.
We meet 5 times a year and welcome anyone interested in joining us!
New Program Offering in 2018
Bone Builders, a Health & Spirituality sponsored program.
The Health & Spirituality Committee is pleased to be offering the RSVP Bone Builders Program at Shelburne UMC. The program is sponsored by United Way of Northwest Vermont. It is designed for those age 55 and older to prevent and even reverse the negative effects of osteoporosis. It includes a combination of weight bearing, balance and stretching exercises with nutritional information.
Bone Builders is a free program open to all who have concerns about osteoporosis. Classes meet here on Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. Classes include standing and sitting exercises, using hand and ankle weights for resistance training. Class leaders receive special training. Participants are asked to wear loose fitting slacks and shirts and appropriate shoes, bring a water bottle and a towel.
Join us! It’s good for your health!